Pages

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 1

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 1 

Activity 1 - On your blog, tell us what you and your family do to celebrate special events, such as birthdays. Do you have a special meal or go to a specific place? In our house, we usually make a pizza and bake a special cake. What about you?

When it comes to Birthdays we usually go out like for dinner or lunch. Then right after that we then choose something from the Warehouse. Then after we go and get the cake we either get 2 or even 3 cakes but when it's you're 13th or 16th birthday you get 4 cakes and 3 cheesecakes. For the last minute of your birthday you get to choose what you want for your room but you have one hour whether it's 3 phones or even 4 tablets. You get to keep it all. This is what we do for our birthdays. 
Image result for the warehouse extra

Comment down below whether you want me to write about what we do for Christmas or even New Years!!! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Vedel great work for completing this task.
Keep the good work up,

Unknown said...

Hi Lesieli
Thank you for commenting on my blog and for the complement.

Cia said...

Annyeonghaseyo Vedel,
my name is Cia. I am a Ako Hiko Summer Learning Journey commentator who will be working with various bloggers like you over the summer break.

Wow, your family likes to go big! I think it’s cool to have more than one cake for a special day like a birthday, especially if you’re going to have a lot of guests over. Is there anything you might want to do differently to celebrate birthdays? Maybe you could include something new you’d like to try this year (or next year, if your birthday has already passed).

For birthday celebrations in my family, we often cook a birthday feast and put money together for a gift the birthday person really wants. Sometimes we go on a shopping spree around Auckland and online. I think this year I’m going to have a big dinner with my close family and friends.

I look forward to reading more of your posts, stay safe in the wet weather!

Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

Cia.

Unknown said...

Hola Cia
Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. It means so much for the support and feedback. I wouldn't change a thing with our tradition because we have been doing it ever since I was born.

Post a Comment