Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Day #3

Summer Learning Journey - Day 3 

Activity 1 - It's All in the family -  
Activity - Imagine that you were a child in the 1800s and you had nine siblings. On your blog, please tell us how you would feel. Would you enjoy being a member of such a large family? Why or why not?

Well, I am in a very big family and if I had to change anything I wouldn't change a single thing because you can get things done 10 times faster. You can also have each other to keep us company and you can also laugh 24/7 with them. I am so blessed to be in such a big family and I wouldn't change a single thing.

Image result for family in words
Activity 2 - Acknowledging Ancestry - There are many different versions of pepeha but most provide people with information about who you are and where you come from Use the template provided below to prepare your own unique pepeha.

My Pepeha
Ko Auckland, New Zealand ahau
Ko Waikato te awa
Ko Vedel toku ingoa
Ko Glen Innes toku kura
Ka tata ahau ki te tau 8
Ko ahau no Cook Island
Ko Eloida rāua
Ko toku ingoa whakamutunga ko Mair-Malama


7 comments:

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Kia ora Vedel

What an amazing way to explain a task about your family. What is your best and favourite thing about your family?

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah
Thank you for commenting.. My best and favourite thing about my family is that they are so supportive and they make me laugh all the time...

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel

Wonderful work!! I love how you would like to have a big family. I also like your Pepeha It sounds like you already knew how to do it. Quick question was this task easy to do?

Keep up the great work :)

Nicky Bloy said...

Kia orana Vedel!

It's so awesome that you wouldn't change your big family! I only have one big brother so my family is small - sometime I wish I had more siblings because like you say, there would be more people to help, more laughs and more fun! How many people do you have in your family?

You've made a great effort with your pepeha! Thanks for sharing that with us. Whereabouts in the Cook Islands is your family from?

Keep going with the awesome blogging Vedel!

Nicky :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
This activity was easy to me when I was doing it. Was this activity easy for you??

Unknown said...

Hey Nicky
I am from Rarotonga and another one and I have about 9 siblings. I think. Thank you for commenting and for the feedback..

Unknown said...

Hey Vedel
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Post a Comment