Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Day 5

Summer Learning Journey  - Day 5 

Activity 1 - Translating Phrase - Use Google Translate to translate the following five phrases from English to Te Reo Māori or from Te Reo Māori to English. Post the translations on your blog. Be sure to include the phrase in both the English and Māori to earn full points.

1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa - Welcome to New Zealand
2. Ko Vedel toku ingoa - My name is Vedel
3. He aha to ingoa? - What is your name?
4. E pai ana ahau ki te takaro i te whutupaoro - I like to play rugby
5. No hea koe? - Where do you come from?

Activity 2 - The treaty of Waitangi - On your blog, tell us three fun things that you can do as a visitor in Waitangi. Which one would you like to do the most?
1. If i was a visitor the first place I would go was to The Waitangi Treaty Grounds Hangi and Concert because it sounds like a very fun and I get to spend time with the fam.
2. I would also go to Taiamai Tours Heritage Journeys because then I can just explore Waitangi.
3. Finally I would visit Waitangi Mountain Bike Park because then I can just ride around on the tracks on my bike.
I would most likely be visiting the Taiamai Tours Heritage Journeys because you can ride around on a waka and see different places. 

Activity 3 - #Earn the Fern - On your blog, write down four questions you would ask Bill Kini.
Question 1 - Who inspired you to be a boxer?
Question 2 - Did you enjoy playing Rugby or being a Boxer?? 
Question 3 -  Did you ever see yourself  being a boxer??
Question 4 - Do you have any advice to children that wants to be boxers??
Thank you for your time Bill Kini.. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Vedel! I see you have already posted your blogpost for today! PHEW, I had to do two days today, because I had accidentally saved Day 4 as a draft! Anyways, I like your questions. They are intriguing! Talk to you later, bye!

Unknown said...

Hi Jazire
Thank you very much for commenting on my blog... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel

Amazing work!! My favourite part of your blog is your questions, the reason why is because that are very interesting and can make a person think. Keep up the great work :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings Vedel,

My name is Aletheia and our school is also doing the summer learning journey.I really enjoy reading you Activity 1-Translating Phrase.I really enjoyed it when you had numbered them for your readers to know what is what.I think you have did a great job with telling your readers three fun things that you can do if you visited Waitangi. I Last and not least I really enjoy reading your 4 questions that you had wrote if you had to ask Bill Kini.
Great Job on this blog post Vedel you have did a great job.

Cheers,
Aletheia.

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Vedel

What wonderful work you have put in to complete this task. What was your favourite part about this activity?

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Vedel,

Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been working on these activities. Well done!

Activity 1: Well done translating those phrases! I like how you have put the Maori and English translations on your post. That makes it very clear what each one means. Do you know any other Maori?

Activity 2: There are so many fun things to do at Waitangi! The Treaty Grounds are lots of fun and there's all sorts of things to see and do just there. Have you ever been before? I've been a few times and always have a great time learning more about Aotearoa's history.

Bonus activity: Those are great questions! I like how you have thought of questions that will get you more than yes or no answers. I also like how you have thought to thank him for his time at the end of the interview. How many hours a day do you think he had to spend training to be that good?

I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Post a Comment