Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

SLJ - Day 3

SLJ - Day 3 

Activity 1 -  Imagine that you had to form a coalition government with two other people.  Who would you choose to partner with?


If I had to choose two partners it would be my older brother because he knows a lot about government rules and he has been studying the government, so he would know a lot about that. I would also have as my partner is my younger brother because he is very smart and has a lot of knowledge about politics.



Activity 2 - Speaking of home, where do you live? On your blog, please post a picture of your hometown and provide a list of three things that tourists, like us, could do if we came to visit. What do you like most about your hometown? (Remember the guidelines for being Cybersmart, and never post your address online).

Image result for Full-Day Waitomo Caves & Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
 Image result for genghis khan auckland  Image result for pokeno auckland

Auckland is my hometown. I grew up in Auckland and getting to met awesome people and places. If I was a tour guide I would first take them somewhere to eat like a place called Genghis Khan because you can pick your own food and you can see how they cook it. The second place I Full-Day Waitomo Caves & Hobbiton Movie Set Tour because you get to explore the caves. The last place I would take them to is a ice cream place called Pokeno. It's where you can choose out of 100 of ice cream flavours. I am sure that everyone is going to enjoy a day like this. 

Activity 3 - Imagine that you are a teacher, and design your own classroom. What would it look like? What furniture would you have? I would love to have some beanbags for reading on.















I have drawn my class I have a tv so that when the children have finished doing there work they can then just have some free time watching what they want. I then have a library for children that are like me to do some reading because it is good for us. I then have a beanbag so that they can also relax while reading. Last I have a desk for children so that they can sit up and write.

4 comments:

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel

Magnificent work. I can really see all the hard work that you have put into this activity. Your three places for tourist if they ever came to Auckland are amazing. Have a amazing holiday :)

Unknown said...

Hey again Vedel, thanks for completing another set of activities. I've enjoyed reading your post about who you would form a coalition government. It sounds like you come from a family of really knowledgeable people. I am sure your coalition with your brothers would be really effective in government. Do you think you guys would ever have a big argument?

Wow you've shared some awesome things to do in Auckland and beyond. Have you ever been to the Hobbiton set? I've always wanted to but never have. It's a classic tourist destination. Yum! 100 flavours is a lot. What's your favourite?

A television in a classroom!? Sounds luxurious. I've never seen a television in a classroom before. It's great how you've got a library corner too, it's definitely an essential part of a classroom. If I could design my own classroom I would want to have a big fish tank and some ovens. That way we could learn about the sea during science, and for measurement (maths), we could cook and bake. It would be an awesome classroom!

What was your favourite thing about your classroom last year?

Thanks, Billy

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
Thank you for the meaningful comment. Thank you for even reading my blog. Thank you for all the support you have shown.

Unknown said...

Hey Billy
I think that we wouldn't have any big arguments because we all love working together. Plus we were put to a test and we didn't argue at all. SO I know that I can trust them.
Sadly I haven't yet been to the Hobbiton Set. I am hoping I do go soon. My favourite flavour at Pokeno is Lemon Cheesecake.
My favourite thing about my classroom was that we got this be projector and it was like a big flat screen.

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really appreciate your comment.

Post a Comment