Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Day 4

Summer Learning Journey - Day 4 

Day 4 -  Hitting the high note



Activity 1 - Use Google to research traditional Māori Waiata. Listen to a number of Waiata and read the lyrics. On your blog tell us which one of the waiata you found you like the most. Why do you like it?

The songs I liked
Poi E
He Honore
Ka Pioioi
Pai mai

I enjoy listening to these songs because we sing them at school and they are very catchy to me. Theses songs just sometimes calm me down and when I listen to songs in a different language I feel like I'm learning a new language.

Activity 2 -Choose one game, and on your blog, tell us the (i) name of the game, (ii) the goal or purpose of the game, and (iii) two rules.
Matimati - Taonga Tākaro 
The goal or main purpose of this game is to Read opponents movements and learn to evade in disguise attacking movements. Two rules that I learned in this game was that you have to have your two feet remain grounded. Another rule that I learnt was that when the striker, strikes that they must have an open palm. 

Activity 3 - On your blog, rank the performances from your favourite (#1) to least favourite (#3) and tell us why you gave them the ranking that you did.
Te puku o Te ika - 9/10 - I thought that this was my favorite out of all of them because was it was dedicated to someone and they sang from the heart for that person. 
Tamatea Arikinui - 8/10 -  I put as second because it was very close to number 1 but I decided to put this as second because they had a lot of dancing more than the first video. The girls and the boys also took turns to sing.
Te iti kahurangi - 8/10 -  This was my put as third because I couldn't have two seconds and if I did then this would also be second. This song was just so touching to me and made he start to just tear up. This song is more second than it is third. 
Related imageImage result for games logo

7 comments:

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Good Morning Vedel
What wonderful work you have done am really impressed. What was your favourite part about this activity?

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Vedel,

Wow amazing work that you have done today. I agree with you I thought that they sang from the heart for this person. What Activity did you enjoy? Keep up the amazing work. Merry Christmas and happy new year:)

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah
Thank you for commenting. That I got to learn a new game and maybe one day just try and play that game with family and friends.

Unknown said...

Hi Mya
Thank you for such a positive comment and for commenting.. I enjoyed all three because I was getting to learn about a new culture..

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Vedel,

My name’s Ruby and I’m one of the people who will be blogging with you for the Summer Learning Journey this summer. What a great start you have been making to these activities! Well done.

Activity 1: Good work. I like how you have listed 4 different songs. Can you pick just one favourite and tell us what it means? It’s great to have songs that make us feel calm when we feel stressed.

Activity 2: This sounds like an interesting game! Have you ever played it before? I haven’t but maybe I will have to try it. One of my favourite old Maori games is Poi Rakau. Have you played that one before? I think it’s heaps of fun.

Activity 3: Well done. You have shown us some great reasons for the order. It was difficult and I know what you mean about having two seconds! I think that when people sing from the heart, the singing becomes more beautiful. What do you think?

I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
Cheers,
Ruby.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel

What amazing work you have done, I love how you gave strong opinions for your rates. Have a great holiday and Christmas :)

Unknown said...

Hey Vedel
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Post a Comment