Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 2 Day 2




Activity 1 - Watch the trailer for Gold Rush. On your blog, tell us what you think the movie is about. There are no words spoken movie so you will need to pay careful attention to what the actors are doing! Do you think you would enjoy watching a silent film? Why/Why not?
Opinion - I would watch a silent film like this because it just looks like a Mr Bean movie to me... I would also enjoy it because I have very noisy siblings and a film like that just looks like I would have to tell them to be quite. Overall, it just like a movie were you can read the pictures and actions they are doing.... 
Image result for Gold Rush the film 
  
Activity 2 -On your blog, give the painting a rating out of 5 stars (1 star = terrible painting, 2 stars = pretty bad painting, 3 stars = okay painting, 4 stars = good painting and 5 stars = amazing painting). After you’ve rated the painting out of 5, tell us why you gave it that rating.
I rate this painting a 4.5 because it looks very pretty and detailed but it's just it looks like if there were more places or things then I would rate it a 5/5.




 Activity 3 - Imagine that you were a member of the flight crew. Write a poem that describes how you would have felt when you landed safely in Christchurch after such a long trip. Remember, there are lots of different types of poems, and they don’t all have to rhyme.

Going over the sea and water made me a bit sick
As I'm hoping we get back quick
We just saw Kentucky
I feel so lucky
To be on the ground
I had a frown
But now I am blessed
Instead of being stressed

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Vedel, thanks for completing another set of activities. My name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. It's great to meet you.

Thanks for rating the painting and thanks for being honest with your opinion. I am interested to know a little more about what you think. What sort of additional things would you like to see in this painting?

Thanks, Billy

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Vedel,

Wow amazing work that you have done. What was you favourite activity that you have done? Keep up the amazing work.

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Vedel

Amazing work that you have put in. What was your favourite part bout this activity? Keep it up

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Vedel,

Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! Great work with these activities. Keep it up! :)

Activity 1: Good work. It would be fun to watch a silent movie, I think! But I wouldn't be able to watch them all the time. What do you think the movie "The Gold Rush" is about?

Bonus activity: Good work! Writing poems can be quite tricky but I think you've done a good job. How do you think the pilots family were feeling as they waited for him to land?

I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Post a Comment