Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 2

Activity 1 - On your blog, please tell us what you do when you want to relax or de-stress. Do you read a favourite book, watch a favourite television show or talk to someone special?  What are your tips for dealing with stress?
I do many thing to relax or calm down which is to either listen to my favourite songs or to just use my angry to exercise... Theses things help me to calm down because when I exercise I use all my anger towards my exercise... Music also helps me because then when I start to sing then I forget why I'm angry..
Image result for musicImage result for exercise machines
Activity 2 -Imagine that you were alive in the 1930s. What could you have done to help these families? On your blog, list three different ways that you could raise funds for families to help them buy food and clothing. Be as creative as you can with your fundraising ideas!
I would use the seasons to my advantage by mowing the lawns in summer. 
I would sell all my old things and sell them 2x more than I paid for.
Sell food/ cold drinks because you could be hungry or even thirsty.
Image result for fundraising clipart



Activity 3 - Imagine that you were able to travel back in time to visit a family in the 1930s. What special gifts or treats would you like to bring with you? I would likely bring blocks of Whittaker’s chocolate, bags of Jet Planes and Pineapple Lumps, healthy food snacks, clothing, and games for the children. What about you?
I would love to take with me the food that we have now and take it to them to taste... I would also take all the devices so that can see how technology has changed over the years.. I would visit my great grandparents because I would tell them that they had done well to there children and they grew up to be wonder successful children..
Image result for food emojiImage result for technology emoji

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there Vedel, great to see you are blogging lots during your summer holidays.

It's been great reading your tips to reduce stress. I also like to listen to music and exercise when I am feeling a bit stressed about something. It helps you to relax and forget about your worries.

What sort of things do you usually get stressed about?

Thanks, Billy

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hi there Vedel

It's been wonderful reading your passage. You Are an amazing writer. What do you usually do in the holidays?

Unknown said...

Hey Vedel
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?

Nicky Bloy said...

Hey Vedel!

Well done on coming up with some thoughtful ideas to help fundraise money for these families! I think it is a great idea to take advantage of the seasons as sometimes the weather can affect your plans. Mowing peoples lawns is always helpful as this is something that not everyone has time to do and when you have great weather, it'll be fun too!

I also love your idea of taking technology back to the families in the 1930's. They would be absolutely fascinated to see how technology has advanced over the years and I'm sure they'd love to have a go and learn all the games you know too! Food and technology - two great items!

What piece of advice might you give to these families to help prepare them for the future?

Fantastic job on these activities Vedel, well done!

Nicky :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Vedel,

My name is Aletheia and I am from Tamaki Primary School also doing the summer learning journey.I think your right when you get stress just listen to music and that is one great tip for your readers to read.I think you have did a great job naming tips on how to relax when you get stress.

Great Job Vedel you have did a great job with this blog post plus I liked it how you put down all three activities on one blog.

CHEERS,
Aletheia!

Post a Comment