Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 4

Summer Learning Journey Day #4

Activity 1 - Choose two key events and find out some more information about what happened on those days. On your blog, write a short summary of two events, including the names of people involved and where the event happened.

-10 September: Canada declares war on Germany 
- 9 April RAF and Royal Navy involved in campaign in Norway, including New Zealanders
Image result for war world 2


Activity 2 - Click on this link to find a list of VC winners. Choose one from the Second World War, and read about him. On your blog tell us about him. Who was he? What did he do to earn a Victoria Cross medal?

Keith Elliott

He was one of the people that took part in the War World 2. He was awarded a VC because of his effort of at the Ruweisat Ridge.  He then single-handedly captured another machine-gun position. 

Image result for keith elliott

Actvitiy 3 - One day you are walking along the deck of the ship when you hear a loud bang. You start to run as you see smoke coming from the far end of the ship. You run towards the room where your patients are waiting to receive treatment from the doctor. Just as you arrive at the door to their room you hear another loud bang and you....
I look around at all the people that are going to die as a tear just drops from my eye. When bang, bang after another. I try to get everyone to try and calm down when a little girl runs towards me and says " Am I going to die. " " No, don't say that, you are going to live and see your kids and grand kids. " The little girl looked petrified as I say to her " Hey, it's okay to be afraid but you need to stay strong. " When bang, it tears a whole into the ship making us start to sink. " Hey everyone, listen up, if we all work together we can make it out of here alive. " I could see old people slowly dying and I felt guilty because I couldn't do anything.   
Image result for hospital in clipart
Complete the story provided above. To earn full points you must write, at least, 8-10 sentences. What happens next?


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Vedel,

Amazing work that you have done so far. Did you know that the 9th of april is my birthday? and that two wars happened on that day?

Unknown said...

Hey Mya
Thank you for commenting on my blog. Actually, I did know that your birthday was on the 9th and no I did know that there were two wars that happened.

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey vedel

What wonderful work you have put in for this task, you did a fantastic job. What was your favorite part about this task?

Unknown said...

Hey Vedel
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?

Nicky Bloy said...

HI Vedel!

Great job with these activities! Unfortuntalely there were so many different events occurring during the war with so much tragedy. To earn full points for the first activity, could you tell us a little more about the events? Any particular people that were involved or what happened during the event?

Keith Elliott is actually my friend's grandfather... I remember her showing me some of his medals, and maybe even his VC when we were younger. A very courageous man!

Your story felt very real and powerful. It made me a little sad, I never like it when innocent people, especially children are involved in such awful circumstances. Great writing though, Vedel!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment