Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Day 2

Summer Learning Journey 

Activity 1 - A house or a home -  Compare the Wharepuni to your own home. What are two similarities and two difference between a wharepuni and your home!!





Here is my poster between the difference and similarities of a wharepuni and my house.










Activity 2 - The rules of engagement - Draw a picture of yourself doing your dream job.


Here is my dream job. In the near future I hope to be one of the best lawyers out there.

Activity 3 - Favourite Meal - On your blog, post a picture of your favourite meal. Be sure to tell us what it is and why it is your favourite. You could also include the recipe if you have it so that we can all try it!

My favourite meal is steak with rice and mushroom sauce. This is my favourite meal because it was one of my first meals ever that I have ever eaten.

The ingredients are salt, pepper, beef steak, olive oil, chopped onions, rice, mushroom, cream and garlic.....

Directions
  1. Cut cube steaks into serving size portions.
  2. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
  3. Lightly coat steaks with flour.
  4. Prepare brown gravy in small saucepan according to package directions.
  5. Reserve.
  6. Heat oil in large heavy skillet.
  7. Add onions and saute about 1 min.
  8. Add steak and brown on both sides.
  9. Add mushroom soup.
  10. Add water to soup can (about 1/2 can) and swish to remove soup.
  11. Add to skillet with meat mixture.
  12. Add brown gravy mixture and stir to blend.
  13. Bring to boil, cover, lower heat and simmer about 45 mins or until meat is tender and you can cut it with edge of fork.
  14. Add mushrooms, stir to heat and serve over rice.
  15. TO PREPARE RICE: Rinse rice in strainer.
  16. Place rice in saucepan, add broth.
  17. Liquid should reach first knuckle on your finger.
  18. Bring to boil, stir, cover, lower heat to simmer and cook about 15 mins.
  19. Fluff with fork. 
  20. Image result for steak with rice and mushroom sauce

4 comments:

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Male e lelei Vedel I loved how you wrote your task nice and clearly so everyone can understand what you are writing. For your bonus activity why did you decide to pick steak with rice and mushroom sauce for your favourite food? Love your work

Unknown said...

Bonjour Sarah
Thank you for commenting and for the feed back.. I actually choose this meal because it was one of the first meals I ate when I was a baby..

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel

Lovely work! steak with rice and mushroom sauce sounds very yum. I have never tried it before so thank you for giving the recipe. Have a great holiday :)

Nicky Bloy said...

Hey Vedel!

Well done! I like how you have presented your first task with a DLO and provided a picture of your own house so we can see the similarities and differences too.

I like that you shared your thoughts on why you want to become a lawyer. It sounds like you might be the mediator amongst your friends - resolving issues and keeping the peace!

Steak with rice and mushroom sauce looks delicious! I've had something similar before but not this, so thank you for sharing the recipe; I'll add this to my list of dinners to make!

Great work Vedel!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment